Thursday, February 17, 2011

on the road again...

Welcome to day two.

Today I bypassed the Shed and got some good old fresh air into the lungs. I did oversleep a tiny bit this morning (only 10 mins) which meant shower was seriously delayed until later in the day but at least i got my workout in.

today i did my first EVER, and i mean EVER 5km run. i could always run but i hated it so i found excuses - years of injuries to my knees helped my only ever run the cross country once in my whole schooling career and that was aboout grade 3.

I have periodically done the C25k program always abandoning it at about wk 5 for various reasons (ok excuses). but today i made it. 5 kms no stopping.

So i was slow. Passing traffic probably had to look twice to check i was moving but i tell you i was. when i got back i was hot, sweaty and extremely red in the face. But i felt fantastic. I made it and by golly i am proud of myself!!

I will say i was spurred on by the release of the week one progams yesterday. I love the look of them. we have our first red flag day (s) coming up this weekend with Megan and Pauls engagement but we sat down last night and factored in training sessions and eating plans to make sure we stay with the program!

weigh in gettting closer every minute. But i am a tinsy bit excited because right now i am wearing a shirt that i last wore 18 months ago. It has'n't fit since then. (mind you i have had a baby in that time too!) But what an awesome feeling to put it on and not have to leave buttons undone, use safety pins or generally feel uncomfortable. :)

So off to dinner tongiht with friends and hoping to tee up to borrow some work out dvd's for the next 3 months. no way am i goign to get stuck unable to get to the shed because of kids, rain, tiredness or those damn spiders who keep using my equipment in a futile attempt to "BEEF UP"and take over the world!

Tomorrow - back in the shed for some serious smashing of weights! it's a super saturday session - so will really have to up the pace!

See you in the shed..

Sharyn.

PS: yesterday should have read bike ride x 2 one at the start and one at the end of the workout. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment